Monday, September 24, 2012

Update

Things have been going great lately. I am loving Boone it never ceases to amaze me. The weather is its usual crazy but I guess that come with the package.

I have had a pretty exciting few weeks lately. I have accepted a volunteer position with Dianjiang Kids and will now be their director of communications. I am so excited to be working with an organization that makes such a difference in the lives of the children in China  especially those that are left behind and never adopted. I think everyone by now knows where my heart lies when it come to orphans and how much they tug at it. I love visiting those who don't have families and I am hoping and praying to return during the summer of 2013. I have missed loving on "my" China babies. I haven't made a complete decision on where I will be going in China as I am currently torn between two places and if I can I will be visiting both places.

This last week was a wee bit of a challenge however. I have had my first exam of sophomore year and thankfully it went very well! I am so happy with my classes. My professors are all great and I thoroughly enjoying being a TA. Volleyball continues to test me and I am still no where near good but I am loving the opportunity to try a new sport. The soreness isn't nearly as bad as it was in the beginning and the bruises from serving are no more! Anthro is going to be the death of me a science class for 2.5 hours on a MONDAY is killer and it is miracle that I have survived 4 of them.

The LLC bug has started once again and thankfully (knock on wood) I have avoided it. It does not look like much fun and I cannot miss class. Too much to do to ever get sick that and I don't want to go to class feeling under the weather!

This past weekend I hosted 3 yes 3 high school girls in my room. They were here for the open house and I thought I was boring until I met them. We took them on a very easy and yes I really mean easy hike to do a bon fire with smores and they complained. They just wanted to sit around and do nothing. My mom and Lily visited this past weekend as well and I think Lily enjoyed the college life just a little too much. It was nice to see them and get to spend time with them in Boone. Fall break is in two weeks and I am looking forward to going home. I am however ready for this week to just be over, between tests and quizzes I am exhausted and it is only Monday. Wednesday I am giving blood, please pray that I can stay healthy and don't freak at the needle. Court is going with me and will be holding my hand. I am the biggest wimp when it comes to that needle.

Until next time,
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

<script language=JavaScript> <!-- //Disable right mouse click Script //By Maximus (maximus@nsimail.com) w/ mods by DynamicDrive //For full source code, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com var message="Function Disabled!"; /////////////////////////////////// function clickIE4(){ if (event.button==2){ alert(message); return false; } } function clickNS4(e){ if (document.layers||document.getElementById&&!document.all){ if (e.which==2||e.which==3){ alert(message); return false; } } } if (document.layers){ document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN); document.onmousedown=clickNS4; } else if (document.all&&!document.getElementById){ document.onmousedown=clickIE4; } document.oncontextmenu=new Function("alert(message);return false") // --> </script>